DISCLAIMER: This blog may contain limited sense

Saturday, 26 November 2011

Me & My Cake..

I wish we could be together forever, I have no doubt that our bond will be eternal and that I will continue to yearn for the sweet taste of its very being upon my tongue for decades to come...

Alas, t'was only a lil 'un and I gulfed it down in about 30 seconds!

What an awesome cake though. Looked a bit dodgy on the offset, peculiar looking textured icing, accompanied with a blob of gooey brown melted chocolate and some weird looking square thing half sunk into it. On initial inspection not very appetising at all, but hey, just goes to show how appearances can be deceptive! I wanted a cake though, badly. I've wanted a cake for days since Claire has been posting photos of her creations on facebook (I'm blaming you for my weight gain). Any added pounds would have nothing to do with me ploughing my way through 5 jam welshcakes and 10 digestive biscuits yesterday because "I was feeling poorly" - hmm it doesn't seem to take much to sway me from the path of righteousness does it? (Still blaming you Claire)

Talking of poorliness, my voice has continued to go...where? I dunno, but somewhere, much to I would imagine most peoples pleasure, and much to my embarassment. A lack of voice made trying to present an argument in the Tribunal Court this morning fairly difficult. The result went in my favour though, so perhaps they felt sorry for me and sympathy carried me through. I should utilise this 'mechanism' on a regular basis. They told me to go get some lemsip and get to bed, and that's exactly what I've done.

A train ride and a stop in Boots later, much to my absolute horror I found there to be no blackcurrent flavoured sachets left, so I am stuck drinking the horrible icky lemon stuff. Well, as long as it helps. I of course had to stop by Greggs to comfort myself from the shock following the absence of nice flavoured cold remedies in the form of high calorie 'goodness'.

I'm quite liking this being laid in bed business at 2pm, although Bailey has decided to join me and sprawl herself across the bottoms of my legs. This dog really does think she's a chiwawa, when in reality she weighs a whopping 7 stone and my blood supply is being significantly restricted to my feet. Rosie's on the windowsill. Hell, Rosie's always on the windowsill. She just lays and looks at...??? I really don't know what she sees. Sometimes she snarls a lil at absolutely nothing. I guess she's got it into her scruffy lil head that she's a guard-dog, must be that intimidating baby pink collar making her think she's 'ard or somethin!

Well this is exciting. No work to do today, no having my neck cracked n snapped again until Tuesday. For those of you I haven't spoken to in a while - I have to see a Chiropractor now several times a week. I'm sure most of you know about my dizziness problems; basically had a relapse in October where I dislodged neck joints - but looks like it's starting to improve and I'm hoping to drive again soon.

Left is a scan of last month, and on the right a progress scan from a few days back - no red - keeping positive on that one!



I realise I still haven't gotten around to doing my travel blogging. I did try and start, while on a bus for 10 hours going through New York state, typing on the ipod touch "Notepad" ap gets a lil tedious, and the wifi on those Greyhounds aren't that great! I will make an effort to try and delve into the depths of my memory and post some stuff up with some photos while I have some free time being a cold infested lurgyman the next few days.

As for this afternoon...


And no Lola to call me a loser...for a few hours anyway!

12 comments:

hannah said...

ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! ger i was so excited to see this! i loved your blogs so much! can't wait to hear all about the states

it's about time your neck got better hun see you soon! x

steve! said...

LAD

Ger said...

Thanks @ Hannah! Hope you're okay

And Steeeeeeeeeeeeve!

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

matthew said...

the blog is back!

matthew said...

few questions mate,

is the diana reading heading into something like elvis?
how much weight did you shift in the end and do you owe me £20?

looks like you had a good report on your neck is it right now the reds gone?

matt

Ger said...

Alreet maff,

I'm not sure, I had a few days of being really good, but unfortunately since making this entry I have devoured a Greggs jam donut, and 3 biscuits :( I guess whatever I did lose has gone back on! It's comfort eating see, cos I'm sick. Mammy G keeps supplying me with all these sugary cakey nice things - its alreet for her, she doesn't put on a pound, I get like an elephant!

I'll get you a pint and we can start from next week when I am not infested with lurgy and that makes it fairer, afterall, I know you wouldn't wanna exploit an ill man ;)

Re: Diana, I just was reading the Burrell book a few years ago, and didn't finish it, then he bought out this one recently, so I got half of the old one on the Kindle and this to get through. Ya know what I'm like - nosey!

Very happy with the neck report, goal is to get it all pure white, the colour shows nerve irritation around the joints, so blue & green aren't ideal, obviously still a lot of work to do, but the reds gone! I can feel the difference too! Good news!

matthew said...

excuses! you are a greedy bastard lew

i couldn't work out if it meant you had more problems as there is more on the 2nd one but glad its improving

jon said...

hope u get better and c u in hyde park nxt wk! :-) jon

Rob said...

http://diets.uk.msn.com/topic_77.html how to conquer comfort eating!!!

stu said...

have some more cake its the weekend!

Princess Charl ;) said...

will have ya straight to my inbox mr lewis xxx

Tom said...

write nice things about me